Am 26.02.2010 um 18:17 schrieb Dimitri Glazkov:

To summarize the thread:

1) We're adopting "when in doubt, roll it out" approach to patches
that turn tree red.
2) Need to find a way to run Mac-EWS for non-committers.
3) Enable "build-break" emails to webkit-dev or another opt-in mailing list

What else?

I'm a bit scared of rule 1. How about we define a minimum delay when to roll-out patches, after they break something? Let's say, if a commit breaks the tree, give the commiter a time frame of 30 minutes to fix it - otherwhise roll-out (we could even automate that.)

Example: When landing a SVG patch, that worked fine on Leopard, but broke Snow Leopard, I'd like to have some time to identify wheter it's the fault of my patch, or a platform specific problem. If it's the fault of my patch, I have no problem with reverting. But if I can't immediately fix the problem, because it's a platform specific issue, which can not be fixed (in terms of WebKit), then adding to the Skipped list, and filing a new bug just takes 5 minutes. Reverting the whole patch, just to reland it with a Skipped list addition is a bit too much work for me.

What do others think?

Cheers,
Niko