Hi Berto

Thank you for your help!

The problem I am facing is this- some packages are so recent that they are only available in Debian Sid(or Buster) and not Wheezy or the current Stretch.

Now I tried using the latest packages earlier which broke my PC. So I had to reinstall the OS and start afresh.

This time the same problem is with libgstreamer1.0-0. The version needed by WebkitGTK is higher than the one in my current OS(Raspbian based on Debian Stretch). But now Gstreamer has many plugins and all of them are there in the Sid version.

So my question is this- should I manually get all the gstreamer packages from the Sid or Buster repo of Debian? And will I have to keep on doing this manually(for other remaining packages)? Or is there a better method. Because I read on StackOverflow that if I just add the Sid or Buster repo of debian packages that will break my system, not to mention the security concerns with such a repo addition.

Yours sincerely,
Arvind.