Hi, James,

On Apr 27, 2006, at 9:29 AM, James Cicenia wrote:

Hello -

I am developing a new website and decided correctly or incorrectly, to have my wrapper page(s) be the main page and then swap out the content in the wrapper with the switch component.

My question is.. normally I have code like nextPage.setEC(ec), etc.,

How do I do this with my architecture as the wrapper really is the next page?

Or is what I am doing just wrong?

Whether it's "...just wrong" or not, I think there's a better way to do it.

  * Make your page wrapper a full component

* Where you would put the page's content in your page wrapper, instead add a WOComponentContent element

  * Make all of your other pages partial components

* Start each of your other pages with a PageWrapper custom component (presuming that's what you named your page wrapper)

* Add the rest of the page's content between the PageWrapper tag and its end tag.

If you have a page title or some other wrapper content that has to change with each page, you can add bindings to the page wrapper and bind to them from the pages like any other subcomponent.

What makes this anti-intuitive is the fact that though the page wrapper is a subcomponent, the component that references it is embedded in it on the page. It really tends to invert your thinking the first couple times you use it. After a while, it feels like second nature.

HTH.

Regards,
Jerry

--
__ Jerry W. Walker,
WebObjects Developer/Instructor for High Performance Industrial Strength Internet Enabled Systems

    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
    203 278-4085        office