I read your earlier "WebObjects on Rails" post with much interest and started to throw together a small sample application that used EZ... classes. I slowed and stalled because I had to fill in a lot of the gaps -- I'm not adverse to doing that, but time is money/ precious and I'll have to wait till the weekend to get the spare time!!

In reading your posting today, I had the same, "this is neat, I need to try this" desire.

Where I'm headed with this is to wonder if you have a small, functional example of the various ideas you've put together on this topic or, if not, if this is something that you think would be good to do. People learn by example and I'd be happy to assist in putting something together.

The Wrox site has the sample code from my old book chapter, let me look... here it is, you want Chapter 7:

http://support.apress.com/books.asp?bID=1861004311&s=0

As for the Ajax stuff, the problem is that Marketocracy is Objective-C not Java, so all my stuff is coded in ObjC at the moment. That's why my posts have been more "conceptual" then "code" lately. It's the same API, but I don't want to scare people with lots of [].

  I interviewed at the iTMS on Monday, so maybe that will change. :-)

What I really want to do though is put this all together into a framework to help jumpstart people with WO. Wonder is cool, but its kind of more focused at the advanced WO practitioner then someone who just wants to get something done.

Maybe Wonder just needs a "WO Recipes" section. I've come to love Recipes books...

In passing, I'll note that the aspects of WebObjects that you are highlighting are the ones that I find so powerful. Many people say the power of WO is EOF, and while EOF is an astonishing piece of work, I'll argue that WO without EOF is still extremely powerful. I particularly like your "Myth: WebObjects generates HTML" comment!

Thanks for your contribution, you're more articulate than I would be on this ...

Thanks, its very encouraging when I get feedback like this from one of my long posts.

 Pierce