On 8/23/06, David LeBer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 23-Aug-06, at 7:00 AM, Mike Schrag wrote:

> http://www.mdimension.com/~wonder/api
> http://www.mdimension.com/~wonder/Wonder-latest-Documentation.tar.gz
>
> ms

Thanks Mike.

This alone should help greatly reduce the 'trepidation' to PW
adoption. :-)

The API was already available online at:
http://wonder.sourceforge.net/javadoc/

Though I don't know if it was prominently linked from anywhere or how up-to-date it was. But thanks Mike, I'm sure the mdimension version will stay up to date better, and the SourceForge site gets flaky sometimes :(.

And I'm not sure if it will "greatly" reduce the trepidation. When I dove into Wonder the first time, I found the API docs pretty quickly via Google. Having them available is helpful, but for newcomers, Wonder is just too immense. I spent several hours a day just reading Javadocs and source code to figure out what was going on and how things work.

What Wonder really needs for newcomers is a roadmap, good introduction, and some high-level overview type of stuff, and probably a tutorial or two. Some of that already exists and can be gleaned from the existing documentation, but it's a bit spread out and some is in .txt files that aren't hyperlinked, and it still requires digging into source no matter what, at least if you're using D2W, IMO.

I plan to help with some of this when I get some time, building on my experience. I added a few things to the Wikibook, but from my discussions with Anjo, there are some definite patterns and design philosophies that are helpful to know, and it appears that there are some old legacy classes that need to be marked better as such, or at least steer folks to the newer/better way. That's the kind of stuff I just don't know well enough yet.

Logan