Hello list,

Is there a way to obtain programmaticaly the name of the server in order to put it in a ivar ?

Example : "http://g-five.local/cgi-bin/Webobjects/WOapp.woa";

i'd like to be able to have the "g-five.local" part in a programmatic way, in that way my method and component would be more reusable…

Thanks.

P.S : As a newbie, i think of participating to the WO Community as i can. So i thought to put a tutorial based on my small project (a simplified version) for the other newbie like me if they exist. I would like to know how the organization on the WO Community go on, so that i could put it in the right place.

WARNING : this tutorial would be for the very beginner in :
        1 - dynamic java website design
2 - java developpment as i am a hobbyist developer with very basic knowledge in programmation (my background is Basic language, Pascal, Delphi all this at a basic level) 3 - By tutorial, i mean telling in a blogging way, what i did and why, so the more experienced dev would be able to enhance the level of the App with tricks and other methods.

As i don't follow very well the discussion on this subject, i wonder if the idea of a website like "Project Omega" focused on WO has been emitted.

Last but not least, i am not a english native speaker, so i, in advance, apologize for the grammatical mistakes that's why i'll do a french version of this tutorial first.