On 23/06/2007, at 4:06 AM, .::welemski::. wrote:

It's like this. I'm creating a webapplications for work groups. Each user that is registered in the database can have a table on their own. So each user can register a member or a user can register to be a member of that user.Each main user can have a domain of their own and each member can have a blog of their own.It would be nice to separate them because one my friend told me that it would be inefficient to have all of them on one table. Imagine a table with 1000 or 10000 or more records that would be inefficient for them for fetching. He also added that it'll have impact on time in terms of fetching.

I have one database with dozens of tables containing over 25 million rows in each, and with appropriate indexes performance is not an issue.

If you use a decent database it's always best to do real performance profiling with a realistic amount of real data than it is to make assumptions. Start with the simplest solution and change it if necessary.

Don't trust your friend unless he wrote the database you are using, and if he did, use a different one.

--
Seeya...Q

Quinton Dolan - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Gold Coast, QLD, Australia (GMT+10)