On 4-Jul-07, at 1:47 PM, Ketema J. Harris wrote:

Do you know Java? If not, get a good book on Java. I like Thinking in Java: http://www.mindview.net/Books/TIJ/
Yes I need to freshen up on what libraries are out there for me to use so i don't reinvent the wheel, but I can get arond Java fine.

Xcode and EOModeler are dead. Do not use them. Just don't. Use Eclipse and WOLips.

OK. I'll go look those up now. Why do you say the Apple tools are dead? Do you mean dead for just the webobject creation? I kinda like it for ObjC tools and desktop apps.

Ketema,

Xcode remains the primary IDE for the Mac platform (for Cocoa, Carbon, AppleScript Studio etc) it is just no longer the recommended IDE for developing WebObjects. The remaining WebObjects tools (WOBuilder, EOModeler etc) have been deprecated by Apple. If you are starting out, WOLipst/Eclipse where you want to be.

--
;david

--
David LeBer