One really neat solution for doing such things is having a stored procedure which fills in a temporary table. Can't remember the Oracle name of those. They are private to a session and disappear when the session is closed.

The stored procedure computes a unique ID and returns it. That same ID is assigned to all the rows that make up the operation's result. You then do a simple fetch with (uniqueID = myID) to get your result as array of read only EOs.

Pierre