Ok -
I will try this tonight when the activity is down on this server as I have six other apps running. And, I will definitely report back.

Your number (2) is interesting as I swear I have checked so many permissions, ran outputs, changed stderr etc.

One small good thing, I finally found a way to get the darn full name of the group and user during my quest.

stat filename

Will report later,
James