Hello;

Does anybody here have troubles with MySQL somehow leaking memory at the client end when long-run batch processes are occuring? I have had memory issues on two projects and identified the probably cause as the involvement of MySQL. One project uses three database products, and I can't do anything about the database products in use. The other I was able to migrate to PostgreSQL and the problem is no longer present. I've tried a number of different versions of everything with no improvement and although there's talk of it on various forums, I don't actually see a resolution.

The other thing I'm interested in is how you manage deferred referential integrity checking as this seems to be a feature which is missing from the MySQL product?

cheers.

we use 5 (we didn't upgrade from 4, we moved from openbase). no problems at all with webobjects.
I was wondering if anyone that is using mySQL has upgraded from mySQL 4 to mySQL 5? If so, have you noticed any bugs or pitfalls? Our hosting service is going to upgrade us soon and I do remember that after the last upgrade we had some major problems due to some changes to the data types in mySQL. (i.e. I remember it was something to do with the new TEXT data type.

___
Andrew Lindesay
technology : www.lindesay.co.nz
business : www.silvereye.co.nz