Is that there by default after a successful WO install? I don't recall having to do this on the single Leopard machine that I have setup.

Chuck

On Jan 9, 2008, at 10:20 PM, Guido Neitzer wrote:

On 09.01.2008, at 21:53, Chuck Hill wrote:

In a way, that is good. wotaskd is not running and you need it to be running. I don't have a Leotard machine handy and don't recall how wotaskd is started on them. Is it launchd now on the client?

Yes.

Put this:

        <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
        <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN"
                "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd";>
        <plist version="1.0">
        <dict>
                <key>Disabled</key>
                <false/>
                <key>GroupName</key>
                <string>appserverusr</string>
                <key>Label</key>
                <string>com.apple.webobjects.wotaskd</string>
                <key>OnDemand</key>
                <false/>
                <key>Program</key>
<string>/System/Library/WebObjects/JavaApplications/ wotaskd.woa/wotaskd</string>
                <key>ProgramArguments</key>
                <array>
                        <string>wotaskd</string>
                        <string>-WOPort</string>
                        <string>1085</string>
                </array>
                <key>ServiceIPC</key>
                <false/>
                <key>UserName</key>
                <string>appserver</string>
        </dict>
        </plist>

In a file, name the file com.apple.webobjects.wotaskd.plist, move it to /Library/LaunchDaemons and change the owner to root.

Now you can start wotaskd with:

sudo launchctl load /Library/LaunchDaemons/ com.apple.webobjects.wotaskd.plist

and it is also started on a reboot.

cug

--
http://www.event-s.net

--

Practical WebObjects - for developers who want to increase their overall knowledge of WebObjects or who are trying to solve specific problems.