On Jan 10, 2008, at 5:10 PM, Xia, Wen wrote:

When I tried to use the XMLSerializer.java in my project, I keep getting the error:

A fatal exception occurred: null
[2008-01-10 16:56:17 PST] <main> java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
    at XMLSerializer.serializeArray(XMLSerializer.java:24)
    at EbudgetWebService.getBSChapter(EbudgetWebService.java:19)
    at Application.<init>(Application.java:64)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0 (Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance (NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:39)

Line 24 in XMLSerializer.java is:
NSXMLOutputStream stream = new NSXMLOutputStream(byte_output_stream);

It is a blank line for me.  Have you changed this file?

I'd add some log lines in XMLSerializer to see if you are passing null to a constructor someplace.

And I’m calling the method XMLSerializer.serializeArray with the following line: NSArray rows = EOUtilities.objectsMatchingValues(ec, "bsChapter", bindings);
String rawData = XMLSerializer.serializeArray(rows);

I don’t know what is wrong. If anyone use the code successfully, please advise.

Practical WebObjects - for developers who want to increase their overall knowledge of WebObjects or who are trying to solve specific problems.