On Apr 11, 2008, at 2:47 PM, David Avendasora wrote:

On Apr 11, 2008, at 4:06 PM, Simon McLean wrote:

I think the real bug-bear for people struggling to get their companies to commit to webobjects isn't the fact that it's not open source - i think it's the fact that you have to buy a mac to get your hands on the frameworks.

No problem. Just write up the purchase order for a copy of the WO 5.4 frameworks wrapped in super-sexy MacBookPro packaging. Just $4,000. Or you can go for the more economical Mac mini packaging. Just $599. (that's $200 off the $799 list-price for 5.2) and you get a free computer to (dual)boot.

:-)

Personally, I like the MacBook Air packaging.

Alan

Dave