For the benefit of those not on the webobjects deploy mailing list the workaround is to add the following two lines to your Application constructor.

        public Application() {
                NSLog.out.appendln("Welcome to " + name() + " !");
                /* ** put your initialization code in here ** */
                frameworksBaseURL();
if ( System.getProperty("WOFrameworksBaseURL") != null ) setFrameworksBaseURL(System.getProperty("WOFrameworksBaseURL"));
        }

Note that it is important to call frameworksBaseURL() before your call to setFrameworksBaseURL() because the first call to frameworksBaseURL() calls setFrameworksBaseURL("/WebObjects/ Frameworks") which would override any setting you have made. Fortunately subsequent calls to frameworksBaseURL() do not do this.

Tim