On 13/01/2009, at 7:30 PM, D Tim Cummings wrote:

On 13/01/2009, at 4:38 PM, Lachlan Deck wrote:

On 13/01/2009, at 11:14 AM, D Tim Cummings wrote:

Yes, bug radar 6487590

This may, of course, not be a bug of Apple's but with the final build. Check the executable script for your app. i.e.,
$ less YourApp.woa/YourApp

The last line of mine has this:
eval exec ${JAVA_EXECUTABLE} ${JAVA_EXECUTABLE_ARGS} -classpath WOBootstrap.jar com.webobjects._bootstrap.WOBootstrap $ {COMMAND_LINE_ARGS} -WOFrameworksBaseURL /WebObjects/MyApp.woa/ Contents/Frameworks

i.e., the WOFrameworksBaseURL is specifically getting set (whereas in the past this used to not be the case). Now I'm building with maven (using the woproject-maven plugin) but it's highly possible that seeing as it shares some functionality with woproject ant stuff that this is also happening for you for embedded builds.

If yours also has this - then this *is* the problem. That's why your properties are getting ignored - because the first property wins.

This is definitely an Apple bug. It doesn't occur in WebObjects 5.3.3 but does occur in WebObjects 5.4.3. Are you deploying using WebObjects 5.4.3 in your apps which use WOFrameworksBaseURL?

I was seeing this for 5.3.3 - not because of WO but because of the woproject (maven plugin at least) setting the WOFrameworkBaseURL in the app script.

Below is what I already posted to the WebObjects deploy mailing list

I saw that yes.

which shows that when you first call WOApplication.frameworksBaseURL() it actually changes the value from whatever you have set it, to /WebObjects/Frameworks. This is particularly dangerous in a deploy situation because you think it is using the latest ajax scripts from your embedded frameworks in your split install, but in fact it is using some old ajax javascript that happened to be sitting /Library/WebServer/Documents/WebObjects/ Frameworks.

Sure. I'm just suggesting to double check the end of the app script i.e.,
$ tail YourApp.woa/YourApp

and check if it's adding the frameworkbase url arg. If not then everything you've said still holds.

with regards,
--

Lachlan Deck