Le 09-03-27 à 18:33, Chuck Hill a écrit :

On Mar 27, 2009, at 3:25 PM, Simon McLean wrote:

thought i would be cheeky and start a vote for additional WOWODC West topics, purely based on what I want to know more about :-) Feel free to vote for these topics, or add more of your own.... • Build & deployment: capistrano anyone ? status/benefits of wonder's javamonitor ? scaling WO deployments, load balancing strategies, revision management etc.
      • Testing woapps: testng, selenium, load testing etc

Like this?

Testing:
      - unit testing with TestNG (my preference over JUnit)
      - functional testing with Selenium
      - test coverage reporting with EMMA
      - load testing with JMeter

Sounds wonderful. Please tell me they are the titles of your keynote slides ? :-)

That is one of several ideas I am considering.  Some others:

EOF from Form Submission to Save Complete
- looking at what happens from when a form value comes in through validation, sending the SQL to the database, handling returned exceptions, and propagating change notifications. This might be a really evil one to prepare for if I go into full detail.

Leveraging EOF Validation and WO Components
- extending EOF's validation (GVC, Wonder, Validity approaches)
- dealing with an EOGeneralAdaptorException in a user friendly way
- getting pages and components to manage recoding and displaying validation messages without you needing to get involved (aka WOComponent 2.0)

      • Java client: it's current status and it's future

Only used by wild eyed lunatics in cookie factories.

That was just a poke at David A, a wild eyed lunatic that works in a cookie factory and uses JC. ;-)

Not only JC, but D2JC and he deploy on Windows in Tomcat! It's a good thing that he works for a cookie factory :-P _______________________________________________