On Mar 30, 2009, at 3:45 AM, David Avendasora wrote:

I know that Java Client didn't get a great response at WOWODC last year, which is disappointing, but we hardly scratched the surface. With only one session all Flor was able to do was discus some of the basics of JC and show off the JBND framework. D2JC wasn't even touched upon. There simply wasn't enough time to cover what would be needed to really have people understand JC and D2JC as well as things like AJAX and WOnder. I mean really, I think D2JC and JC with JBND are both probably far easier to learn than learning how to make HTML sort-of act like a rich client.

Hmmm, maybe you should do a session on this?

It would be truly interesting to see a Client-side bake off where JC and Web clients are put head-to-head by giving a set of basic requirements and see not only which technology can implement it more fully, with better usability, in an hour.

We get Anjo on the D2W side.

Anyway, Getting started with JC and intro to D2JC are really pretty basic and I now that WOWODC is being divided, I really think they would belong in WOWODC East. With that said, I would be willing to sit down with anyone interested at WOWODC West to go over the basics, as far as I understand them.

Given how very few people have seen it or know how it works, it seems appropriate to West more than East.

Chuck Hill             Senior Consultant / VP Development

Practical WebObjects - for developers who want to increase their overall knowledge of WebObjects or who are trying to solve specific problems.