On Apr 20, 2009, at 5:28 PM, David Holt wrote:

Fantastic!!

One thing I am curious about is how your project is picking up your license?

It goes by really fast, but you'd see in the console that I don't have a license yet, the project is simply launching in demo mode as it would for someone trying it out for the first time without buying a license.

My understanding is that as long as the license is in the same directory as the the jar, it will be picked up. But apparently it can be anywhere in the classpath.

Here's what I did with the free license I got last year and haven't used to date:

I created a JavaRebelJar Framework. I added the javarebel.jar and the javarebel.lic to the Libraries folder. I added the new Framework project to my project.

Then I added this to the VM arguments in my application: -noverify - javaagent:${workspace_loc:JavaRebelJar}/Libraries/javarebel.jar

That seems to work perfect. I can't believe how cool this is!

You could have just dropped the .lic file into your project's Libraries directory along with the javarebel.jar. Creating a framework for it does abstract it out of your project though.

Thanks to Quinton for making this so easy and to you for pointing the way.

My pleasure! Watch for more assorted demos over the next few weeks, but if you want more JavaRebel, you'll have to come to WOWODC. I'll discuss how to use it with more advanced configuration and such.

Dave

David