On Jun 16, 2009, at 5:36 PM, Mike Schrag wrote:

eclipse="true" in the ant tasks ONLY loads wo frameworks, it does not load anything else from .classpath, so if you have something other than a framework reference, it doesn't really care and you have to include that yourself.
erm, should it be caring and loading them? Is there a reason (other than you hate this part of the system which I totally understand) why it ignores them?
I talked about it a little at WONoVA tonight, but I think the reason I didn't deal with anything except frameworks is because in a normal app, I've only ever had two types are dependencies -- ones in Libraries (which were already included) and frameworks (which eclipse="true" picks up for you). Part of this was minimizing the impact of this change on people's existing build.xml files, I suppose, but partly I just never had a case that had a problem, so it wasn't really an issue until now.

My thought was that it would be nice / convenient / consistent if the entire classpath was taken from the .classpath file without extra scanning steps in the build.xml (Libraries/*/jar and /Library/ WebObjects/Extensions/*.jar). If we (and I use that term euphemistically) go down this route, some representation of /Library/ WebObjects/Extensions would be needed in the classpath so that people could opt in or out of this bad idea. At least it would make its inclusion explicit. Though that then leaves a different with the runtime behavior of wobootstrap.

I blame Dave.

Chuck Hill             Senior Consultant / VP Development

Practical WebObjects - for developers who want to increase their overall knowledge of WebObjects or who are trying to solve specific problems.