You are more than welcome to transfer them to a format better suited to reach the masses. They were created with Adobe Captivate, don't know if that makes any difference. They are essentially screen recordings, I did not use any interactive options within these tutorials that I remember.

Thanks

Don
On Oct 25, 2009, at 11:16 AM, David LeBer wrote:

On 2009-10-25, at 10:13 AM, Ramsey Lee Gurley wrote:

On Oct 25, 2009, at 7:28 AM, Pascal Robert wrote:

----- "Chuck Hill" <ch...@global-village.net> a écrit :

On Oct 24, 2009, at 11:57 AM, Don Lindsay wrote:

I agree with Robert, I created several tutorials for WebObjects as

well as an installer for windows and linux. This is something that

I use my spare time to support.

Based on my review of hits to the tutorials, they are rarely
accessed.

I probably knew about these at one time, but forgot. Self promotion

might be a good thing here.  :-)  Are there links from the WO
Community site?  I think they should be.

I didn't add them to the podcast feed because iTunes won't handle Flash files. I guess I have to find a way to add Flash podcast to the new site and filtering them out from the RSS feed. But QuickTime, MP3 and PDF files are prefered, for more visibility :-)

If quicktime can handle it, iTunes can load it. It might not play on an iPod, but you can wrap the video in a SMIL and hand it to Quicktime like I did with my 'hire me' podcast back in January. Here's the file that does the magic...

<smil.txt>

the trick is to add SMILtext to the very beginning of your SMIL file. Then just change the extension to mov. If you can work with QT's quirky implementation of SMIL, then iTunes will love you.

Unfortunately it seems QuickTime's flash support is pretty weak these days. It once was able to play up to flash 5 videos I think. Trying to open http://web.me.com/pccdonl/tutorials/WoLipsInstall.swf in QuickTime today was rather disappointing.

With Don's approval, we can just transcode them to a more iTunes/ iPhone/iPod friendly format.

Ramsey

If they were used more, I would create more of them.

The tutorials I made are available at:
http://web.me.com/pccdonl/tutorials/WoLipsInstall.htm
as is the installer.  (I havent updated the installer in a couple

of months)

http://web.me.com/pccdonl/  I think you mean.

Chuck