To: "webobjects-dev" <webobjects-dev@lists.apple.com>
Sent: Monday, February 08, 2010 5:26 PM
Subject: NoSuchMethodException com.mysql.jdbc.Driver.<init>

Hi all,

I'm a newbie on WO trying to learn with David Leber's tutorial (SooperSeekrit).
But the following error stumps me:

Constructor 'new com.mysql.jdbc.Driver (com.webobjects.jdbcadaptor.JDBCAdaptor)' does not exist

Trace extract:
[...]
janv. 19 08:32:11 SooperSeekrit[53860] WARN NSLog - A fatal exception occurred: <com.mysql.jdbc.Driver> Constructor 'new com.mysql.jdbc.Driver (com.webobjects.jdbcadaptor.JDBCAdaptor)' does not exist, component can not be instantiated. [2010-1-19 8:32:11 CET] <main> com.webobjects.foundation.NSForwardException [java.lang.NoSuchMethodException] com.mysql.jdbc.Driver.<init>(com.webobjects.jdbcadaptor.JDBCAdaptor):<com.mysql.jdbc.Driver> Constructor 'new com.mysql.jdbc.Driver (com.webobjects.jdbcadaptor.JDBCAdaptor)' does not exist, component can not be instantiated.
[...]
The complete trace is in the attached file.

I've tried with different versions of java and WO and eclipse. Also with Frontbase instead of Mysql. Same behaviour. I've checked my WO+eclipse config (including the classpath) with a friend's one, and everything seems identical, except that he's on Tiger and I'm on Linux.

Does anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks,
Andreas

Environment:
Gnu/Linux Debian(testing)
Java 6
Eclipse+WOLips 3.5
WebObject 5.4.3 + Wonder 5.4
Mysql connector 5.1.10
(identical error with Java5, Eclipse/Wolips 3.4, WO 5.3.3, MysqlConnector 5.0.7, Slackware 13)

This email sent to chn...@gmail.com