To recap, it goes down the path by subprotocol -> plugin -> driver
selection.  I could relate that one of the jar file has more than one driver
and could not recall which db.  Good that you mentioned as I don't think
this info is mentioned in any legacy docs I have come across...well may be
just that i did not read enough : )

Cheers

Cheong Hee