> I am hoping to learn how to utilize the ERProfiling information I am now
> viewing.
>
> After the Main/Login page the Current Situation page comes up in 5000ms.
>
> Profiler: 5122.11ms; SQL: 52% (84); D2W: 0% (0); T/I/A: 0% / 85% / 14%
it says:
* your entire request took 5 seconds to process
* of that 5 seconds, 52% of the 5s was spent in SQL
* that 52% of SQL time was spent executing 84 queries
* there was no D2W on this page
* 85% of the 5s was spent in invokeAction
* 14% of the 5s was spent in appendToResponse

If you were to click on the 85% or 14% you'd see a breakdown of which queries
happened where, or if you click on the "SQL" link you would get a breakdown of
all the queries, shown in a tree with where they executed. 84 queries is a lot
(for a "normal" app). from the SQL page, you will be able to see for each query
how long each one took (absolute and %) and how many rows were returned (so you
can look for overly large fetches).

you can also look for queries that are of the form
select * from sometable where id = x;
select * from sometable where id = y;
select * from sometable where id = z;

if you see a lot of these, it implies that you're not batching effectively. you
can either manually batch fault those, or you can turn on automatic batch
faulting in wonder.

> I also get an error of unknown affect: (I'm not using any form of
> WOWebService*) when I run with the profiler invoked.
you can ignore this ... it's just some garbage from gluonj. it isn't impacting
anything.

ms