On 23/07/2010, at 12:09 AM, Chuck Hill wrote:

>> I know this topic comes up on the list from time to time, but I just need a
>> quick sanity check.
>
> Nope, not sane.  :-)

Well spotted.  Now on with this:

>> I have two entities, A and B.  For every A, there is a corresponding B.  For
>> some subset of all Bs, each has a corresponding A.  Currently I have
>> modelled this with a single relationship from A to B, so that's a mandatory
>> to-one relationship.  (Alternatively, I could have modelled it with an
>> optional to-one relationship from B to A.)
>
> How are you modeling these relationships?

Originally, just this: a mandatory, to-one relationship from A to B.  Consider
it to be a parent (B) with optional child (A).  Every child has a parent (hence
the current mandatory to-one from A to B), and every parent has zero or one
child.  So I've tacked on an optional to-one relationship from B to A to model
the latter.  I take it there's no way to convince EOF that these relationships
are inverses, and get the convenience of updating both sides of the
relationship at the same time.

--
Paul.

http://logicsquad.net/