On 23/07/2010, at 7:32 AM, Chuck Hill wrote:

> On Jul 22, 2010, at 2:56 PM, Paul Hoadley wrote:
>
>> Sorry, I should have tried to be clearer.  Basically, I've got a parent
>> object B (which will always be created first).  At some point, B may obtain
>> at most one child A, but it doesn't necessarily.  So every B has zero or one
>> child As.  Every A has exactly one parent B.
>>
>> Currently I have a mandatory to-one relationship from A to B (so A knows its
>> parent directly).  To avoid some fetching, I have added an optional to-one
>> relationship from B to A, so B knows its child if it has one.  I assume
>> there's no way to make these relationships inverses from EOF's perspective,
>> and that I will just need to be careful about always setting the B to A
>> relationship on creation of an A.
>
> How did you model this?  B hold's the PK of A as a FK?  They each need a FK
> for the other, I think.  Your relationships should be
>
> B.FKA == A.PK   [1]
> A.FKB == B.PK   [2]
>
> I think...

Yeah, that's exactly what I've done.  And [1] is optional (because not every B
(parent) has an A (child)), and [2] is mandatory (because every A (child) has a
B (parent)).  But AFAICS, they're not being recognised as inverse
relationships.  Which is fine, because that's what my archive searching lead me
to expect, but I wanted to, uh, go over it one more time.

--
Paul.

http://logicsquad.net/