hi there -

i just booted an instance of ami-de91bbaa with a shiny new keypair and
logged right in with ec2-user.

ssh -i ec2.pem ec2-user@<publicdns>

are you booting via the amazon console  or command line ? i always use
the console.

there is a new version of the boot script too:

http://webobjects.s3.amazonaws.com/wo-install.sh

only a few minor tweaks, and the script now doesn't boot wo services -
it leaves you (or whatever calls this script) to do that in case you
have other tweaks to make before you want the services booting.

i've got a work-in-progress page on the wiki too, together with some
example scripts on how we are doing things. it's work in progress
because the example scripts don't quite work yet - an instance will
boot etc. but the AjaxExample apps don't run properly. i just need to
spend a couple of hours figuring out why not when i've got the time.
might be worth downloading the sample scripts and reading through them
if you are heading in this direction...

http://wiki.objectstyle.org/confluence/display/WO/Automated+Deployment+on+Amazon+EC2

Simon