Just a thought: There was a discussion back on december 2010 about the JDBC
driver for PostgreSQL converting timestamps between timezones behind your back.
Could it be that your 00:00:00 timestamp gets shifted changing the date
eventually and then reset to 00:00:00? Have a look at
http://wiki.objectstyle.org/confluence/display/WO/Project+WONDER-Frameworks-PostgresqlPlugin

jw