they don't work and aren't supported -

they are leftover and should get removed, but of course whoever put it up
abandoned it in place so people read it and thing it might work.

there have been changes in how you can setup a server, now it is best like
"Simon says" to use a generic instance and configure it using scripts and
you're done and you have control.

works great.