Hi Kevin,

On 24/02/2011, at 3:25 AM, Kevin Hinkson wrote:

> Does anyone have any recommendations as to which AMI to use in the US (east
> or west). The ami used in Simon's example works fine but is only available in
> the EU. It looks to me like a basic 64 bit Amazon Linux AMI on EBS. Can I use
> the current 64 bit base ami or should I be using another?

In my opinion, you should choose from these:

http://aws.amazon.com/amazon-linux-ami/

These are Linux-based images produced by Amazon, and they claim they will keep
them up-to-date and secure. I have several WO applications deployed to
instances running one of those AMIs.

--
Paul.

http://logicsquad.net/