De : "Chuck Hill " <ch...@global-village.net>
A : naneon.raym...@neuf.fr
Copie à : webobjects-dev@lists.apple.com
Sujet : Re: fetching on joined table

 Hello Ray,

On Apr 8, 2011, at 5:16 PM, naneon.raym...@neuf.fr wrote:

Hi,

I'm newbie on WebObjects and I have big problem to fetching on joined table.
Example :
I have my SQL like that :

A good rule with WebObjects is "If you are thinking about SQL, you are doing it
wrong."  There are times (i.e. when optimizing) when you do need to think about
the SQL, but thinking in terms of objects is usually the better way.

select
a.id   b.id as ID,
c.option as option,
decode(d.no, 1, 'one', 2, 'two', 'unknow') as  order

WebObjects (EOF) does not do mixed table selects like this (unless you are
selecting Raw Rows).  It selects whole rows of tables and makes them into
related Java objects.

from
ta a, tb b, tc c, td d
where
c.option in ('1', '2','3')
and c.option = b.option

How to translate this SQL request in EOF using qualifier or spec qualifier?

Thanks for your help.

What are the relationships in the model between A, B, C, and D?  What are you
trying to fetch?

Chuck Hill             Senior Consultant / VP Development

Practical WebObjects - for developers who want to increase their overall
knowledge of WebObjects or who are trying to solve specific problems.