This is what being described in the documentation:

Owns Destination

You can set a source object as owning its destination objects. When a

source object owns its destination objects and you remove a destination

object from the source object's relationship array, you're also deleting it

from the database (alternatively, you can transfer it to a new owner). This

is because ownership implies that the owned object can't exist without an

owner-for example, line items can't exist outside of a purchase order.

By contrast, you might have a department object that doesn't own its

employee objects. If you remove an employee from a department's

employees array, the employee continues to exist in the database, but

its department variable is set to null (or nil in Objective-C). If you really

intend to delete the employee from the database, you'd have to do it

explicitly.

From what it said, I think it is quite clear that the destination object
will only be removed from database if owns destination is set in source object. Else you will have to do it explicitely from the code.

Whereas cascade delete will remove from top-down. Delete source object will delete the destination objects altogether.

Cheers

Cheong Hee

----- Original Message ----- From: "Paul D Yu" <p...@mac.com>