BSD or Linux on any recent (Core2Duo or later) will be able to do the job. Of
course, it depends of what you do, if you convert images or manipulate video,
that's a different story.

As for RAM, at my previous employer, they had a XServe Intel (first model) with
4 GB of RAM for ~ 20 apps and 140 users (4-5 users per instance), so probably
16 GB of RAM will be good for your case, but again, it depends on how many EOs
are in memory, if people really close their sessions, etc. Load testing is a
great thing to do. For example, if your app don't have any sessions (e.g., it's
all direct actions or REST), 8 GB would probably be enough.

Of course, you need a 64 bits OS and installation.