I saw this problem (or something very much like it) today on a 2008 Mac Pro
running Leopard, and not an SSD in sight... so while SSD's make it worse, it
can happen in other circumstances.

In what seems to me like an odd decision, given Apple's dependency on it (and
hyping of it) launchd doesn't enforce dependencies. The best solution is
probably that rather than launching wotaskd and womonitor directly from the
launchd plist, instead call a shell script that first checks that the NICs are
up, and then launches wotaskd and monitor for you.

That shell script can use 'ipconfig waitall' to block until the NICs are up. I
haven't done it for WO yet, but I use something similar to set up static routes
on my boxes at launch time. Based on that chnk of code (which started life as
http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=20060329085850170 , in the routing
context) , I *think* that something like this should work to start them up:

#!/bin/sh
# We need to trap on TERM signals, according to Apple's launchd docs:
trap 'exit 1' 15

# Issue a log message so we know when we started
syslog -s -l 1 WOMonitor_start: starting WOMonitor...

# Use the "ipconfig waitall" command to wait for all the
# interfaces to come up:
ipconfig waitall

# This is where we start WOMonitor
<put your WOMonitor startup command here with any command line args>

# Sleep for a while so Launchd won't think we never ran
sleep 10

# Issue a log message so we'll know when we finished
syslog -s -l 1 WOMonitor_start: Done.

# Exit with a clean status
exit 0

You should be able to launch that from launchd, instead of womonitor itself.

Regards,

Simon