I was just diffing the application launch scripts for a default
wotaskd/javamonitor that I had lying around (not exactly sure which version -
probably from 5.3.x) and the Wonder versions - i.e., wotaskd.woa/wotaskd and
JavaMonitor.woa/JavaMonitor (not the launchd code).

In both cases the stock versions include the following code right before the
application is launched - and which is not present in the Wonder versions of
the apps (or in my own built apps):

# Verify network services are intialized before starting
#
echo Checking network services....
if [ "${PLATFORM_TYPE}" = "Darwin" ]
then
 /usr/sbin/ipconfig waitall
fi
#

It seems that Apple recognized this problem, and took steps to customize each
of these 'likely to be launched boot time' applications' boot scripts to deal
with it.

Is there a way to build the Wonder versions to include modified launch scripts
by default? Alternatively, I think you could go with my earlier idea of a
dedicated launchd task to wait for the interfaces at that point, and then bring
up wotaskd, Monitor and Apache once the network is ready.

Simon

On Mar 1, 2012, at 1:21 PM, <gsbr...@umich.edu<mailto:gsbr...@umich.edu>>