I recall modifying the app.woa/app startup script at the end.
Basically, wotaskd should start first (it will start your app),
then after it is running javamonitor should start. The tail end
of my wotaskd.woa/wotaskd is like:
#
# Launch the application.
#
# gsb 6/9/2010
# wait untill things boot all the way up
/usr/sbin/ipconfig waitall
#extra time for db
/bin/sleep 100
#
# Launch the application.
#
echo gb fixed? Launching ${SCRIPT_NAME}.woa ...
echo Launching ${SCRIPT_NAME}.woa ...
echo ${JAVA_EXECUTABLE} ${JAVA_EXECUTABLE_ARGS} -classpath
WOBootstrap.jar com.webobjects._bootstrap.WOBootstrap
${COMMAND_LINE_ARGS}
eval exec ${JAVA_EXECUTABLE} ${JAVA_EXECUTABLE_ARGS} -classpath
WOBootstrap.jar com.webobjects._bootstrap.WOBootstrap
${COMMAND_LINE_ARGS}
And for my  JavaMonitor.woa/JavaMonitor:
# gsb 6/9/2010
# wait untill things boot all the way up
/usr/sbin/ipconfig waitall
#extra time for db
/bin/sleep 240
#
# Launch the application.
#
echo gb fixed? Launching ${SCRIPT_NAME}.woa ...
#
# Launch the application.
#
echo Launching ${SCRIPT_NAME}.woa ...
echo ${JAVA_EXECUTABLE} ${JAVA_EXECUTABLE_ARGS} -classpath
WOBootstrap.jar com.webobjects._bootstrap.WOBootstrap
${COMMAND_LINE_ARGS}
eval exec ${JAVA_EXECUTABLE} ${JAVA_EXECUTABLE_ARGS} -classpath
WOBootstrap.jar com.webobjects._bootstrap.WOBootstrap
${COMMAND_LINE_ARGS}
So I had javamonitor trying to restart wotaskd which was waiting
for things to happen. This did not allow proper startup. With the
wait and extra time for javamonitor reboots work properly.
I think the apple wo 5.4.3 startups had some waiting; this is the
Wonder versions I had to modify.
A wait maybe should be added to the Wonder wotaskd and
JavaMonitor startup scripts.
I could be wrong, of course.

Greg Brown
gsbr...@umich.edu