There are certain parts of Apple's website which is using WebObjects. Which
version, I don't know. You can easily identify by looking at the URL which
contains /WebObjects/wo/.... Some parts are also based on Struts and JavaEE
framework where you can find a /.../Something.do type of URLs. These are by
conventions but what lies beneath is a secret.

Why don't we just consider what we've as WebObjects and Wonder as Foundation
and keep building on top of it? How many updates you've seen in JDK itself in
the last 15 years? They are still using most of the foundation classes with few
enhancements. They add new features and that's it.

To me WebObjects is not just a framework or a platform. It's a foundation of
something which is robust in reality. If Apple didn't have patents for its
technologies, all those companies out there could have stolen what Apple owned
decades ago. As an example Apache Cayenne, Rails, Grails, EJBs, Microsoft
Dynamic Data are all attempts to copy what you already have in WebObjects.

Technology doesn't matter much if it's already stable. What matters is the
idea. What is Facebook? It's just a better networking idea which killed Orkut
and it's standing on the same open source PHP and Graph model. Although Google
is trying to persude Facebook users to start using Google+ but I don't see this
will happen unless 51% of the Facebook users become Google employees or in case
of some Force Majeure, Facebook infrastructure collapses.

We've great people, we need to remain enthusiastic and energised. Things will
change and this community will grow. We just need better marketing strategy and
clear roadmap and lots of contribution. We'll discuss all this and much more
and will finalize a doable roadmap when we meet.

Farrukh