Hi Gavin,

On 15/01/2013, at 6:25 AM, Gavin Eadie <ga...@umich.edu> wrote:

> For another example, I've no idea why *.api files are included in a
> deployment build

Good question.  Historical oversight?

> when they are a purely build-time artifact (aren't they?).

They're a development-time artefact, if you like.  They signal validation rules
to your IDE.  I'd be interested to know what Johann has in mind for them at
runtime, though—Johann?

> an app that works correctly on my development Mac that when, when rsync'd to
> Amazon EC2, doesn't (clicking in an Ajax.framework component doesn't fire the
> "action" method).  This behavior started when I moved to Wonder 6 so I need
> to reverse that decision, and stop using W6, to stay productive.

If you can provide a bare minimum example app that exhibits the behaviour, open
an issue on GitHub and I'll look into it.  Given that you say it still works in
development, though, I'd first be investigating your production environment and
looking for relevant differences.  Are you deploying with frameworks embedded?
Is the browser able to retrieve all the required JavaScript resources for the
page?

> I'd love to contribute, but don't feel that I can, that feels wrong in so
> many ways.

I think the barrier to contributing is as low as it's ever been.  Why don't you
feel that you can?

> I feel quite uncomfortable sending this message

Don't.  We have to talk about this kind of thing.  How could the barrier to
contributing be lowered further for you?

--
Paul Hoadley
http://logicsquad.net/