Pascal,

This is fantastic!! We've been needing to get organized for a long time. Thanks
to you and everyone else involved in setting it up - even if none were Daves.

Its nice to see the rest of you all pick yourselves up out of the gutter of
nondaveness and do something.

On Feb 5, 2013, at 11:01 AM, Pascal Robert <prob...@macti.ca> wrote:

> Le 2013-02-04 à 10:24, Jean Pierre Malrieu <jp.malr...@free.fr> a écrit :
>
>  But if people have ideas about how the association should be funded, send
> your ideas.

1) Membership - Paid membership should get voting rights. Non-paid membership
should not.

2) Donations - I'd love if the Javadoc for each method/class in Wonder, the
footer of all the wiki pages and possibly people's signatures on the list
contained a link to a donate-to-the-organization page. this would allow
spur-of-the-moment donations right when you realized for the billionth time how
awesome Wonder and WOCommunity are. Something simple like:

If this resource has saved you time or made you look like a mad genius, please
consider <a href = "http://www.wocommunity.org/donate";>donating</a> a small
amount to the WOCommunity Association to help support its efforts.

And then on the donation page we could have:

Thank you for considering donating to the WOCommunity Association. We don't
have "bounties" for features or bug fixes and no developer ever gets paid for
their contributions, however we will allow you to specify the "spirit" in which
the donation is given:

Please select from the following:
[ ] $1 [ ] $2 [ ] $4 [ ] $8  [ ] $16  [ ] Other [________]
For:
[ ] An assistant for Pascal
[ ] Burbon for Chuck
[ ] A pony for David LeBer
[ ] Guinness for Kieran (gotta keep him from taking over)
[ ] Another hatchet for Kai
[ ] A more masculine name for Ramsey
[ ] .Net classes for Dave Avendasora (anything to get rid of him)

Dave

WebObjects - so easy that even Dave Avendasora can do it!™
David Avendasora
Senior Software Abuser
Kaiten, Inc.