On Oct 10, 2013, at 8:57 AM, Chuck Hill <ch...@global-village.net> wrote:

> Do any of your requests take a long time to process (lots of database
> access or calculations)?  Wotaskd will send the requests to another
> instance if one is too slow in responding.  For most applications this is
> a useless attempt at recovery.  You can try increasing the Connect and
> Receive Timeout in JavaMonitor under Adaptor Settings for this
> application.  If that fixes the problem then you have requests that need
> to be optimized or done in a background thread.
>
> Chuck

I'm pretty sure you are seeing your instance not responding and so some other
instance is getting the request.
Works only well for direct actions :-)

In addition to what Chuck said, check the adaptor threads and listen queue size
in the Application settings. Typically I used min 10, max 20, queue 20. This is
very app specific. It's better to let connections queue up than to let them go
to a different instance.
Also check the retries and connection pool size in the Load Balancing and
Adaptor Settings. Both should be greater then 0, less then 10.
Probably superfluous but these numbers should not be really small and not
really large.

You might be able to 'expose' this problem better by running only one instance,
you might get more informative errors.

> On 2013-10-10 1:16 AM, "Alexander Spohr" <a...@freeport.de> wrote:
>

>> Am 10.10.2013 um 09:42 schrieb Schoenenberger Dominique
>> <dominique.schoenenber...@nagra.com>:
>>
>>> It's like the adaptor (?) gives the request to the wrong instance.
>>
>> Yes. Instance 12 may be offline or not reachable (responds too slow)

>> age.net
>>
>> This email sent to ch...@global-village.net

> This email sent to webobje...@berkling.us

kib