So, I’ve been looking into a problem with ERXMigrations related to OpenBase.
The SQL in migrations is wonky which was detailed here many moons ago:

http://prod.lists.apple.com/archives/webobjects-dev/2008/Oct/msg00431.html

Namely, the “constraints” sql-isms are different. But wait, aren’t the
frameworks supposed to build SQL expressions based on the JDBC plugin you’re
using (in this case OpenBasePlugIn)?

I decided to mess with the OpenBase plugin source and see if I could fix this
issue - maybe sth more recent in WO-ness wasn’t being properly overridden in
the plugin. This is what I’ve found -

ERXMigrationDatabase.synchronizationFactory() is supposed to return a
database-specific subclass of EOSynchronizationFactory (if I’m not mistaken).
For OpenBase this should be OpenBaseSynchronizationFactory. However, it doesn’t
appear to. The first time I run my app and ERAttachment0 is called, a standard
base EOSynchronizationFactory (not OpenBaseSynchronizationFactory) is returned.
No code from the subclass is called.

Do others using PostgreSQL or other database experience this?

Bueller…….Bueller……

Tim
UCLA GSE&IS