Hi Tim,

On 12 May 2017, at 08:57, Tim Worman <li...@thetimmy.com> wrote:

> Thanks Hugi for the links! I’m definitely going to be looking into this
> soon-ish. Goodbye fluffy bunny.

The wiki is semi-useful, but some of it is stale and unhelpful. As far as
migration of existing projects goes, follow Hugi’s recipe:

https://gist.github.com/hugith/e9a49e91fbcebe204e0feb4989f55631
<https://gist.github.com/hugith/e9a49e91fbcebe204e0feb4989f55631>

but also take a look at my fork of that:

https://gist.github.com/paulhoadley/cd15b90c94eb8c640fddd9ac3fbbc6dc
<https://gist.github.com/paulhoadley/cd15b90c94eb8c640fddd9ac3fbbc6dc>

They cover some slightly different areas. Hugi—we really should merge them. I
also think Hugi’s being modest—once you’ve done a few, you can probably migrate
a project in under 20 minutes. To "dependency management" and "third party
library integration", I would add "simplified interaction with Jenkins” as a
huge benefit. Throw out all those workspace setup scripts: just point Jenkins
at your repo and you’re pretty much done. We’ve been using Maven for about 6
months, and haven’t looked back.

If you want to live-blog your experience here on the list, Hugi and I would be
happy to help troubleshoot if you run into any issues.

--
Paul Hoadley
http://logicsquad.net/