Aha, it seems I have some Java version issues.
Sys Prefs, Java says I have v201 located at /Library/Internet
Plug-ins/JavaAppletPlugin/plugin/Contents/Home/bin/Java

In the shell
which java
/usr/bin/java
is a link to
/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/Current/Commands/java
which is the older version and also the one Eclipse is picking up

I will look at resolving the two versions.

Thanks
John