> Ok, so are all the cool guys using Cayenne now then?

I've seen some pretty cool guys use it but I also use it.

> I'm sure I should read some page about it rather than waste everyone’s time
> reiterating why it’s better and why we should be moving to that sort of thing
> etc.

It's awesome in so many ways. But for people that already know EOF, it's
probably best described as "EOF without that darned locking thing". And there's
seriously exciting stuff happening in the most recent releases (subqueries,
SQL-functions and more, all type safe using "Properties", the Cayenne version
of ERXKey.

API-wise it can pretty much be a drop-in replacement for EOF and from
experience I can say there's nothing to lose and much to gain. (assuming you're
using an SQL db. Cayenne is explicitly an SQL DB framework, not a "generic
everything framework" like EOF wants to be).

- hugi