Sorry if I was not clear in my first email.

I don’t want to create a EOModel file.  I want to take database connection
properties from the user of an application and use those to build an EOModel
that is used in the application while it is running on the server.  The
database connection parameters would be stored in a settings database and
retrieved when the user wants to load data from that connection.  This is a
tool to allow users to specify their own data sources and compare data between
different datasources in whatever manner the user wishes to compare or display
it.

Thanks for all the answers so far I was not aware Apache Cayenne could be used
as a full replacement for EOF

Don