Hi there,

(I've solved the locks — were caused by a stray background thread which I've
completely forgot of; and Samuel — yes, it was related to logging. D'oh.)

Now it works all right and reliably, but I observe very strange behaviour: with
the separate OSC, the direct action is, in average, considerably slower; and
the culprit seems are DB roundtrips. I hope I am missing something completely
obvious again...

When I create my local EC for my direct action this way:

===
if (!sharedosc) sharedosc=new EOObjectStoreCoordinator()
localec=ERXEC.newEditingContext(sharedosc)
===

almost each time the fault created through this EC is accessed, there's a DB
roundtrip. On the other hand, if I create it this way (without any other change)

===
if (!sharedosc) sharedosc=EOEditingContext.defaultParentObjectStore()
localec=ERXEC.newEditingContext(sharedosc)
===

there are no roundtrips at all.

I would understand the first fetch in the separate OSC, but subsequently, it
should just use snapshots like the default root store does, should it not? What
am I missing?

Thanks,
OC