OC,

I do not know your app and deployment setup but usually, I know that keeping
things simple is usually a good thing and a single instance app can be very
efficient with it's database by assuming it's cache is valid. Creating a
complete EOF stack for a single request seems very overkill for me.

EOF maintain a cache of snapshots and propagate changes, it is its main
features and differences with other ORM out there. If you can use the snapshot
cache, getting an EO from it's GID is very fast but you need this GID... EOF
shine for interactive manipulation of large data structures when you manipulate
100s of objects in a single page like managing a production schedule for
example. It is overkill for simple data manipulation like most rest like API
where basic ORM with no caching will have better performance overall.

If your app is like most app and most queries are very small and fast, do not
bother to create OSC except for known long requests, use the exceptional tool
for exceptional needs, not for the usual one. I benchmarked a ERRest app the
save and issue simple etc with a H2 local database on a Mac Book Pro few years
ago and was able to achieve more than 200 requests per second on a single
instance app.

If you have time sensitive parts distincts from more report like pages with
unpredictable fetch complexity, you may split them in different app or use a
distinct OSC for each kind of usage to maximize the snapshot cache benefits...

If you want dedicated connection for those simple requests to isolate them from
EOF, you will be better served with another ORM or by issuing direct SQL to a
pooled DB connection. Do not forget that Insert and Update in the database will
serialize access to the table if you want the latest values from your queries
even if you use multiple connections.

If your problem is creating GID and you have it's value, try this code instead
of the utility method that usually issue a fetch:

   EOKeyGlobalID revisionGid =
ERXEOGlobalIDUtilities.createGlobalID(ProduitFabriqueRevision.ENTITY_NAME, new
Object[] {this.revisionId});
   ProduitFabriqueRevision revision = (ProduitFabriqueRevision)
ec.faultForGlobalID(revisionGid, ec);

Regards,

Samuel