I'm not familiar with web.py's sendmail, but you're getting that error
because python dictionaries need to be in the format dict(key = value)

your dict(i.my_resume) is missing a key.

Are you sure the attachments list you're creating wants a dictionary as a value?

I would try attachments = [i.my_resume] maybe?