Yes you need to save the file to disk first before handing it to
web.sendmail.  (This sendmail function is happening on the server,
therefore it will be looking for a file on the server to attach, not a
chunk of data in the web.input buffer.)

Look at this recipe for an example of how to get the file from the browser
to the server and save it.  Once it's on the disk it should work.

Good luck!

http://webpy.org/cookbook/fileupload