Hi Martin

Such guidance in the spec is relevant for the rightful domain owners. Suppose
an attacker got some CA to issue a bad certificate for facebook.com. The
attacker now sets up this certificate on some public proxy, and sets a pin for
20 years. Within days the attack is discovered, the certificate revoked and the
fake website taken down. But the user-agents that received this pin are blocked
from reaching facebook. A limit would help by getting them off of facebook for
just 1 month.

Also, if a domain name is sold or transferred to another entity, a long-lived
pin could mean that the new owner can't put a website there.

I'm not saying these are compelling arguments to limit pins in the UA, but they
should be considered.

Yoav